1. New UPF shirts

Our new performance UPF shirts are the perfect SoCal fishing shirt! These light-weight shirts protect you from the sun and keep you cool on the hottest days! Available now through 9/19 here, starting at only $18.99!!

9 mile bank?

Discussion in 'Inshore fishing' started by jchoe98, Sep 26, 2010.

1. jchoe98

jchoe98 New Member

has anyone fished 9 mile bank recently? and if so, what did you catch?i've never been and am curious to try.
  2. mick

mick Staff Member SDFish VIP

This time of year is will be bottom fish. I've heard there is a mass of squid out there right now and the bite has slowed.

mick
  3. jchoe98

jchoe98 New Member

thanks. i haven't been so i think i'm going to give it a try regardless. i'll post when i get back...
    what do most people catch when they bottom fish out there? i was thinking of using strips of squid. you rec'd that for bottom fishing?
  4. mick

rockfish is the target this time of year (reds, bocaccio etc). If you're talking the lower 9 then I'd say fish sardines or bounce a jig off the bottom. You're looking at 200'-300' and deeper. Since you're in Mexican waters take a look near pukey point. There have been some YT in the area.

BTW, you don't need to go that far to bottom fish. There are plenty of areas nearer to mission and PL that have bottom critters. Do some research and it will save you some fuel.

mick
  5. jchoe98

jchoe98 New Member

sounds good. i think i will save the fuel and fish around PL...any pointers?
  6. mick

I'd do some research on some of the artificial reefs in the area. The whistler buoy can hold bottom critters and as well as some other areas off PL.

mick